Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blog 8B

I don't know about the rest of you. but I beyond relieved that this animation project is completely done. I don't think I have ever put so much of my own time into something for this class (pathetic I know) and the time I put into it, with resulting in the way my finished product looked like, the two just didn't go together and towards the end I just got flustered and tired of it. If you didn't notice Joshs' character didn't even hit the ground, it floated the whole time in my animation..pathetic. But it's over with now and we are FINALLY onto our last lab project. Moving onto my usual babbling and onto the actual instructions of what this blog is supposed to be on.


My first critique is for Kamerynn and Andrew. Kamerynn and Andrew did an exceptionally good job at at their animation. Kamerynn created the hero, which consisted of him breaking threw a wall and throwing a car, whereas Andrew created the villain who few around and had a force field protecting himself from lightning and dark clouds. Between both animations, one similarity that I caught onto was the use weight. In both animations the background was extremely simple, containing next to nothing other than the few props needed to establish what it was that their character could do. This made the weight of their animation seem light as oppose to using a city scape like my animation did which created weight to be heavier because there was more going on in the background. This animation also had the very stereotypical symbolism that typical her and villains would have. Kamerynns character had brighter colors to make him seem like more of a hero, where as Andrews character was surrounded by darker colors which made him seem like more like an evil character. One could also say that this animation used contrast and affinity by showing these characters being in the same general theme, but be different as in their actions, movement, and intentions. 


My second critique is for Mary. Although I didn't see Mary's actual animation, I am able to critique the look of her characters. To begin with, her hero, Finnigan Strongjaw, has the physique of your stereotypical super hero. His stature is probably one of the most important qualities, he is extremely boxy with broad shoulders and a square shaped head. The reason as to why I believe his stature is an important quality is because it symbolizes his strength. One is to assume that because of his boxy stature and square shape that his movement is very much the same. However, going from the Strongjaw we move to the villain Sinastra Pikespear, who has a triangle shaped head which reinforces the uncomforting feeling of not being able to trust her, even without knowing that she is the villain. Her attire incorporates a lot of analogous color schemes incorporating the blues, greens, and purples. Between these two charcters, we are left to assume that they contrast one another by the shape of their bodies, with the hero being more square and the villain more triangular. 


My third critique is for Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment